Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Winklevii


I know this may not seem like the logical choice of story to put into a style blog, but I simply MUST post the link to the Vanity Fair article written by Dana Vachon. I don't usually find that films portray real life people correctly. For instance, I am perfectly willing to see Mark Zuckerberg has a good guy, as well as someone who walked over some people to make it big with Facebook. Aaron Sorkin's script (for The Social Network) was brilliant yes, but part fiction as well. When it comes to millions and millions of dollars, everyone wants to get their fifteen minutes. I'm also fascinated by the genius of Sean Parker, and am not willing to fully believe Justin Timberlake's performance. Like I said, the film IS part fiction. HOWEVER, the sheer greediness and poor sportsmanship of the Winklevoss twins has been perfectly portrayed. I have been following their interviews and court cases, and have found that these men truly cannot stand to lose. Apparently, a $200 million settlement was not enough for them. Think about that next time you search for coupons in order lessen your weekly spending.
(Photo provided by Flickr).
http://www.vanityfair.com/business/features/2011/12/winklevosses-201112

No comments:

Post a Comment